When both parents have sickle cell trait (SCT), there is a 1 in 4 chance that each of their children will have sickle cell disease (SCD). For Fatimah’s mother and father, who both have SCT, their first daughter (Fatimah’s older sister) was born with SCD; 7 years later, Fatimah was also born with SCD. ‘I …
- Song Queen – World’s First Pidgin English Opera Dazzles Audiences in Lagos
- West African Country Approves Free Hydroxyurea For Citizens With Sickle Cell
- Booboo: American Nurse Asks Patient – ‘How Long Have You Had Sickle Cell Anaemia?!’
- Hydroxyurea In Pregnancy – A Startling Testimony
- Tosin Ola-Weissmann – the quintessential warrior
About This Site
We are an affiliate of African Sickle Cell News & World Report.